Sennheiser MK4 Large Diaphragm Condenser Microphone Review
- Type: Large-diaphragm, side-address condenser microphone
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz – 20 kHz
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Max SPL: 140dB
- Sensitivity : 25 mV/Pa
- Min. terminating impedance : 1000
- Delivery includes MK 4, MQZ 4 mic clamp, pouch, and manual
- Requires +48V phantom power
To achieve professional studio recordings on a budget, home recordists everywhere choose the Sennheiser MK 4 for it’s fine resolution and outstanding sound quality. This large diaphragm cardioid condenser microphone features a 1” true condenser capsule in full metal housing. The capsule is shock mounted internally minimizing structure bourne noise.
The MK4 is an excellent choice for vocals, guitars, pianos, offering with a warm tone and a rich sound that is full of detail without sibilance. A wide frequency response of 20Hz-20kHz is relatively flat with a mild presence lift between 3kHz and 10kHz. The low end doesn’t start to roll off until south of 50Hz so it guaranteed to capture low end on bass cabinets and drums. Its max SPL of 140dB makes it able to withstand the loudest sources.
The Sennheiser MK4 is definitely light in features but it is an outstanding project studio workhorse. Voiceover artists, singers, and podcasters love it for its pristine and transparent response, making it one of the best microphones for recording vocals for any use.
- Best Studio Headphones For Music Production | The Ultimate Guide
- Best Mic Preamps for Home Studios | The Ultimate Guide
- Best Audio Interfaces | The Ultimate Guide
- The Best Microphones For Recording Vocals
- The Best USB Microphones
- The Top 10 Best Home Studio Monitors
- Best MIDI Keyboard Controllers | The Ultimate Guide
- 31 Best Websites For Finding Creative Freelancing Jobs
- iPhone Filmmaking 101: Best Microphones, Lenses, Tripods, Stabilizers & More