M-Audio Oxygen 49 MKIV MIDI Keyboard Controller
- 25, 49 or 61 note velocity-sensitive piano style keyboard
- 8 velocity-sensitive trigger pads for beat production, clip launching, and more
- 8 assignable knobs for manipulating virtual instruments and plugins
- 9 assignable faders built in so you can mix with ease
- Transport buttons let you control your DAW without reaching for the mouse
- DirectLink automatically maps controls to popular DAWs: Ableton Live, Pro Tools, Logic, – Cubase, and more
- LCD screen provides instant parameter feedback
- Sustain pedal input for further creative control
Since their initial release in around 2010, the M-Audio Oxygen series have been a fan favourite USB MIDI keyboard controller having received plenty of updates from the early models to offer users supreme out-of-the box integration with any popular DAW.
Users can have in-depth control over recording and mixing parameters in software like Ableton Live, Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase directly from the device with no need to reach for a mouse—a very fluid and creative workflow for the electronic musician.
M-Audio Oxygen MKIV series are available in 25, 49, and 61 key versions with plenty of controls that map to the key parameters of your DAW using DirectLink. Create customizable mapping presets for all of your favourite effects plugins and virtual instruments and get set up immediately in the studio or at the show.
Tweak your sounds with the velocity sensitive keys (non-weighted,) eight velocity-sensitive trigger pads for performing beats and launching clips, eight assignable knobs for tailoring instruments and plugins, nine assignable faders for mix level settings, and transport buttons to navigate your mix, edit, and transport windows.
To the left are a plastic pitch bend wheel and modulation wheel, each with a sizeable finger indent. Two easy access octave buttons let you control the keyboards range, making any melodic or harmonic idea possible regardless of the number of keys you’re working with.
The M-Audio Oxygen MKIV offer a simple set up being USB-powered, supports USB-MIDI connectivity, and is class compliant meaning that you will not need to install any drivers and it will work perfectly on all current and future operating systems for Mac and PC. For total portability, they support iOS connectivity with the Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit (sold separately), enabling you to perform and compose with audio apps on your iPad and other iOS devices.
The rear panel of the Oxygen 49 is rather sparse, featuring a standard quarter-inch sustain pedal connection, a Kensington lock connector for attaching an anti‑theft security cable, an on/off switch and a standard USB socket. There is no option for an external power supply so be sure to have sufficient RAM on your computer to process everything you’re looking to perform.
Incuded with the M-Audio Oxygen 49 are a version of Ableton Live Lite, SONiVOX Twist, a spectral morphing synthesis virtual instrument, and AIR Music Tech’s Xpand!2.
Macintosh: 1.25 GHz G4/G5 or faster (Intel Mac recommended), 1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended), Mac OS X 10.4.11 (10.5 or later recommended)
Windows: 1.5 GHz Pentium 4 or Celeron compatible CPU or faster (multicore CPU recommended), 1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended), Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP, Windows compatible sound card (ASIO driver support recommended), QuickTime recommended
- Best Studio Headphones For Music Production | The Ultimate Guide
- Best Mic Preamps for Home Studios | The Ultimate Guide
- Best Audio Interfaces | The Ultimate Guide
- The Best Microphones For Recording Vocals
- The Best USB Microphones
- The Top 10 Best Home Studio Monitors
- Best MIDI Keyboard Controllers | The Ultimate Guide
- 31 Best Websites For Finding Creative Freelancing Jobs
- iPhone Filmmaking 101: Best Microphones, Lenses, Tripods, Stabilizers & More