KRK Rokit 5 G3 Studio Monitor Review
KRK Rokit 5 monitors are one of the most popular on our list and for several reasons. Aside from their recognizable yellow speaker and affordable price, they truly do offer plenty of value in their versatility, tight punchy bass with low-distortion performance, making them great for budding electronic and hip-hop producers.
KRK Rokit 5 G3
- Max SPL: 106 dB
- Frequency Response: 45Hz-35kHz
- 30W 5” Kevlar/Aramid Bass Driver
- 20W 1” soft dome tweeter
- Connections: 1 x XLR, 1 x TRS, 1 x RCA
- Dimensions: (H x W x D) 15 x 11 x 12 inches
- Weight: 14.8 pounds
In the high-end, the KRK Rokit 5 feature a 1” soft-dome tweeter that provides smooth and clear-cut highs up to 35kHz. A Class A/B amplifier pushes a 5″ Kevlar/glass-Aramid composite woofer delivering defined mids and a tight bass response, and provides ample headroom.
The front-firing bass port makes them a great choice for the smaller studio owner as this helps contain the bouncing of low frequencies off nearby surfaces. The back panel offers integrated brick-wall limiters for the high and low frequencies which assure maximum headroom with minimum distortion, offering a balanced sound while you get your crank on.
Plug in to any system configuration with the variety of input selections, Unbalanced RCA, balanced 1/4”, or balanced XLR. The EQ parameters allow you to tailor the frequencies of the monitor to your room. As near-field monitors, be assured to position them in equal distance from each other as to your ears, in a perfect triangle, ideally backed away from the wall.
Many users of the KRK Rokit 5 claim that there is some hyping of high and low frequencies. While composers, songwriters and mix engineers may frown upon this, it is often desired by many electronic producers as it is said to help them obtain the particular vibe they seek.
The KRK Rokit 5 are available in a larger 6” and 8”, offering the exact same features and components, built to suit your needs of output, headroom and room size. Nobody seems to be complaining about the price as they all agree the quality far exceeds it.
- Best Studio Headphones For Music Production | The Ultimate Guide
- Best Mic Preamps for Home Studios | The Ultimate Guide
- Best Audio Interfaces | The Ultimate Guide
- The Best Microphones For Recording Vocals
- The Best USB Microphones
- The Top 10 Best Home Studio Monitors
- Best MIDI Keyboard Controllers | The Ultimate Guide
- 31 Best Websites For Finding Creative Freelancing Jobs
- iPhone Filmmaking 101: Best Microphones, Lenses, Tripods, Stabilizers & More