Blue Snowball USB Condenser Microphone
- Type: Condenser
- Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
- Resolution: 16-bit
- Polar Patterns: Cardioid, Cardioid with -10dB pad, Omnidirectional
- Frequency Response: 40 –18 kHz
- Dimensions: 325 mm (circumference)
- Clear Sound
- Easy To Use
- Limited Functions.
- Omnidirection mode lacks volume at the rear.
- Requires being close to the mic.
Available in multiple colours.
If you’re looking for a USB microphone that is ridiculously easy to use, sounds great, and won’t break the bank then you’ll love the Blue Snowball. It really doesn’t get any easier than this. Keeping tradition with their retro aesthetic, the Snowball is an super simple plug ’n play USB microphone that allows you to effortlessly capture surprisingly high quality audio for vocals, multimedia and gaming directly to your desktop.
The Snowball is quite a hit in the podcasting world because of its easy use and impressively detailed recordings. It’s lightweight and compact design make it travel friendly and at such a low price one need not break their head over traveling with expensive gear performing very simple tasks.
The Snowball is a condenser microphone with polar pattern selections of 2 cardioid options (one with a -10dB pad to attenuate input allowing you to capture louder recordings with higher fidelity), and omnidirectional mode which allows for a 360 recording for sense of environment.
These settings can be controlled at the rear of the microphone by a simple three-position switch. This makes the Snowball and excellent choice for recording individual speakers for podcasts, webinars, and gaming, or to record conference calls and interviews among multiple speakers.
The body of the Snowball is a resin casing featuring wire-mesh grilles at the front and the back. A red light on the microphone indicated when it is active — all necessary power coming from the computers USB port. A threaded stand-adaptor allows you to connect it with the tripod stand that is included and attach it to other standard microphone stands for different style of mic placement.
To sum it up, if you’re just starting out or you really don’t need to pay for extra features that you know you will not use, then the Blue Snowball is an excellent choice. There is no intimidation or technical jargon required in getting started and it features a simple pattern switching system with the choice of two essential tonalities sure to give you great results.
- Best Studio Headphones For Music Production | The Ultimate Guide
- Best Mic Preamps for Home Studios | The Ultimate Guide
- Best Audio Interfaces | The Ultimate Guide
- The Best Microphones For Recording Vocals
- The Best USB Microphones
- The Top 10 Best Home Studio Monitors
- Best MIDI Keyboard Controllers | The Ultimate Guide
- 31 Best Websites For Finding Creative Freelancing Jobs
- iPhone Filmmaking 101: Best Microphones, Lenses, Tripods, Stabilizers & More