Audio-Technica ATR2500-USB Microphone
- Type: Condenser
- Sample rate: 44.1/48 kHz
- Resolution: 16-bit
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 30-15,000 Hz
- Dimensions: Dimensions: 155.0 mm (6.10″) long, 50.0 mm (1.97″) maximum body diameter
- Low price
- Easy to use
- Accessories included
- Few features
- Plastic components feel cheap
Audio-Technica’s ATR2500-USB is a best-selling USB microphone because of it’s overall customer satisfaction, high-fidelity audio, and affordable price. Audio-Technica is a prominent brand in the audio world, manufacturing industry standard equipment found in world-class studios. Though inexpensive, the ATR2500-USB is built by champions of the audio industry and hold up to the brands profound reputation.
Built with a high-quality A/D converter, the ATR2500-USB is a large cardioid low-mass diaphragm condenser mic that functions seamlessly with any recording device. The mic itself has low self-noise — ideally suited for digital recording equipment.
Like other USB microphones, it features a headphone plugin for direct monitoring to avoid annoying delays during playback through your recording software. There are two buttons on the front to control the volume up or down and a blue LED light indicating it is plugged in.
Equipped with a mini tripod desk stand with folding legs, a USB cable, and a pivoting microphone clip. It is constructed of high-grade metal making it durable and transportable, however the volume buttons feel a bit cheap. This is likely not to be much of an issue as they can likely be left at maximum due to the fact that there is no on-mic gain control and the gain is set from within your recording software.
The Audio-Technica ATR2500-USB is a great medium level microphone for beginner podcasters and musicians who are looking to have things sound good with no fuss or large initial investment. Though some of the accessories and plastic components feel cheap, the microphone makes up for it in sound. Due to it’s sensitivity, we’d strongly suggest picking up a pop filter, a shock mount and/or suspension boom stand.
- Best Studio Headphones For Music Production | The Ultimate Guide
- Best Mic Preamps for Home Studios | The Ultimate Guide
- Best Audio Interfaces | The Ultimate Guide
- The Best Microphones For Recording Vocals
- The Best USB Microphones
- The Top 10 Best Home Studio Monitors
- Best MIDI Keyboard Controllers | The Ultimate Guide
- 31 Best Websites For Finding Creative Freelancing Jobs
- iPhone Filmmaking 101: Best Microphones, Lenses, Tripods, Stabilizers & More