dbx 286s Channel Strip Mic Preamp Processor Review
Compress your audio from the get-go with the dbx 286s smooth and transparent compressor which sports dbx’s OverEasy soft knee function to smooth out a performance will retaining it’s natural expressiveness. Eliminate vocal sibilance and high frequency distortion from instruments such as loud cymbals with the dbx 286s frequency tunable de-esser — a must have for live performances.
One of our favourite features is the Enhancer which for HF and LF Detail controls, allowing the addition of air and crispness to your tracks, or fullness and depth that provide plenty of punch while controlling muddy low midrange frequencies.
Finally the Expander/Gate is an excellent processor fit perfectly for recording vocals. With it’s separate threshold and ratio controls you can reduce room noise and headphone leakage, or gate noisy guitar amps and pickups—drastically cutting down your editing time after tracking.
The dbx 286s features an external “loop out” insert path, so you can patch in an EQ or other processor at any point in the signal path. Any processor can be bypassed in this path, allowing full flexibility of all it’s features.
Connect easily to any professional and home studio microphone via the floating balanced XLR Mic Input, which accepts balanced or unbalanced inputs. The 1/4-inch TRS Line Input accepts signals to process live electronic instruments or pre-recorded tracks at mixdown.
dbx 286s Specifications:
- Studio quality Mic Preamp/Channel Strip Processor
- Classic dbx Compression puts great sound within easy reach
- Frequency tunable De-Esser reduces sibilance and high frequency distortion
- Enhancer increases the detail and definition of the high and low frequencies
- Program adaptive Expander/Gate
- Insert jack allows you to add an external processor
- Full compliment of meters and status LEDs
- +48V Phantom Power
- Precision detented controls